Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ups and downs for Jeffrey

So my wonderful husband has had a roller coaster week of sorts.
1. Up/down--it was his birthday on Monday, 34. Not sure how he feels, but he seems okay with it.
2. Down--I had to work. So he was stuck with Tanner, who has been sick, all by himself.
3. Up--he didn't. Vacaaaation!
4. Down--he had to work on his paper and presentation. Seems to be going okay, as long as we can keep him in the office/art room working on it.
5. Up--because I had to work we celebrated on Sunday and we grilled ribs and asparagus (yummy) and I made his favorite apple crisp. And then on Monday I made chicken soup with homemade noodles. And last night we had super nachos for the game. His tummy is very happy.
6. UP--then down--speaking of the game. He was quite pleased that the Twins forced a play-off game, but then quite sullen that they couldn't pull it off. He had wanted to get tickets, but couldn't bring himself to blow that much money on a ticket.
7. But then a major UP--GMAC bought tickets to the Cubbies play-off game tomorrow night. So he is going to Wrigley for the first time with car dealer buddies and out to eat at Pizzeria Uno (the real thing) all on The General's (General Motors that is) buck. That pleased him very much. To say he is excited is an understatement.
***As of Wednesday night***
8. DOWN DOWN DOWN---the idiots at the dealership sold the tickets. No more game, unless the Cubbies go to a game 5. He went to buy a grill--in Cook county it was $300 bucks with 10.5% sales tax. In Will county the sales tax is only 7%, but the SAME grill was $375. WHAAAAT? So now he is cranky again.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Sweet!

I still can't be a follower. There is nothing for me to click on.

Nicole said...

click on follow this blog...but you have to have pop ups allowed.

Nicole said...

Amanda are you going to add a follower list? It is one of the new gadgets.

Amanda said...

I don't know. I took off my link list because I'm trying to make it harder for weirdos to track me down. But I know if someone really wanted to, they could. I'm still thinking about it.

I did it on someone else's blog, and I had no problem. But when I look at yours, it doesn't say "follow this blog" anywhere. It just says followers, and the amount you have. I'll keep trying.