Sunday, September 21, 2008

Joys

Lots and lots of joy yesterday!!!!!
1. I am an aunt again! Sarah had a HEALTHY baby boy, Joseph Alexander. He tipped the scales at 8 pounds (even though he was early and Sarah was worried he would be little). I am so excited that Tan man has a playmate. But I am more excited that they are both healthy and no problems. Praises to God! I can't wait to hold this little miracle.
2. Dad and I finished painting another side of his house yesterday and Dad did not fall off the scaffolding. It looks awesome.
3. Jeff finished his midterm test. Three more weeks of this class, then one more!!! I am so proud of him. And I can't wait until he is no longer grumpy about doing homework. :)
4. I started work this week and it is going well so far. I bought a little new paper. OOOO, so many fun things. I am itching to scrap beeeg time!


Speaking of itching...Those welts are bug bites on her face and they are all over. Poor Princess Sparkle reminds me why I don't like the great outdoors. I think it is beautiful. I think it would be fun. Just bug free, because I look the same way. We even put on OFF yesterday. I was swarmed by biting gnats the entire time I was painting. Dad didn't even see them.

She had fun collecting flowers, pine cones, and dead bugs though. She is way into bug carcasses lately. Seriously. She thinks they are pretty, cool, and interesting. We have a box of them. And actually she is right on all three points. She especially likes the cicadas (we have 10 in the collection). She also collects leaves. Dead or alive. We have bags and bags of leaves.

So I asked Ahnka to smile for the camera this morning. She said, " This is my handsome smile." She was making all sorts of finger motions at me. Maybe she would make a great gangster or she will be really good at sign language.

Two funny quotes from my little peanut...

Just now...she and Jeff left to get haircuts. I asked Jeff if he felt comfortable telling the stylist what to do for A. He jokingly said a mullet. I said noooo. He asked A what she wanted and she said, " I just want it really short on the sides and handsome on top." A mullet. Too funny. What are ya gonna do? We'll see what she comes back with. I'll post her pic tomorrow.

Yesterday...she pulled weeds and little trees for Grandma (with Sparkle), so Grandma told them she would pay them. Grandma brought out the money and was going to let them choose between a $1 bill and 4 quarters. Sparkle went for the shiny quarters. Peanut said, " I only like the cash with 5 on it. I don't want it." Whaaaat? We laughed so hard! I knew I should reprimand her for being greedy (and we did have a little talk later about being thankful and taking what is being given). But it was so hilarious, she said it without a thought. The other side of me was proud of her that she knew 5 meant more, and that she thought her time was worth more. HA! If only we all had the courage to ask for more pay sometimes! Good thing she is not acquainted with $20 bills yet.



And Mr. Wigglebuns. He got on his knees yesterday and went backwards a few spaces. Not long now. He is figuring out how to pull stuff off of tables. He loves to dive at Peanut if she is on the floor and pretends to tickle her and drools all over her (which she actually likes because she has someone to wrestle with now). His current fave toy is a wooden spoon. Keeps him busy for 20 minutes easy. Not the fancy plastic stuff. Nanything that makes noise or lights up. A SPOON. Hope his taste is always that cheap and easy!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for blog about Joseph Allexander's birth. I had been praying for Sarah all week and especially Saturday. PRAISE THE LORD everyone is healthy.

I feel for Phoebe and all the bug bites. Dennis always has had a terrible time with bug bites and Douglas and I are allergic to bees, I guess it is in our genes.

Your blog is so interesting and I love all the pictures.

Lots of love, Aunt Connie

Amanda said...

All your kids have those chunky cheeks that I just want to squeeze. Will you squeeze them all for me?

CyMule said...

Was dad drinking any merlot?...:)