Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Easter at our House

First I have to say how much I am loving new blogger!  Photos in order, way faster uploads, easy scheduling.  Love love love.  I just might get more blogging done!
So here is a recap of Easter weekend at the Nelsons.  We hosted dinner here, and I was in super planning mode, so we actually got a lot done and had no tears the whole weekend!
 First we got all the eggs dyed.  Then the girls made carrot cupcakes.  I forgot to get a photo, but they did everything.  I just oversaw the project. They even did the frosting complete with piped carrots.  They were super cute. They decorated pretzel rods too.


 The Easter bunny brought lots and lots of candy, kites, and a few other little things.  Church was actually really good that morning and we enjoyed the service as a family.
 Pinterest how I love thee.  Inspired me to wrap the silverware like carrots for the littles.
 And create a pretty table and easy flowers.
 And I made these placecards that say He is RISEN! 
Loved how they turned out and Phoebe was good enough to take these awesome photos for me.
 Grandma got the kids these little bird warble whistles.  I remember these as a kid and how much I loved them.  They were a big hit with this new crop of kids too.  Cousin was sooo funny...he would whistle and then spit.  I laughed so hard, much to my brother's chagrin because then cousin kept doing it.  Hee hee. 
Outside egg hunt.
 Super cute little cousin.  He looks so much like my paternal grandfather! 
 I always am amazed by how genetics are passed down.
 Grandma helps big cousin find eggs.  He did a great job!
 We had family friends here as well.  I am so glad they could join us as well.

Everyone brought food, Mom made the ham gravy for us, and it was delicious.  We had such a lovely day.  Reminded me of the big celebrations for Easter as a kid. 
And the most important part:  He is RISEN!  Hope you all enjoyed the remembrance of our Savior's resurrection!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Fun Easter!!! Were there plastic eggs filled with marshmallows and quarters??? Can't wait to enjoy some cousin fun...2 days!