Sunday, December 7, 2008

Keepin' Up?

Are you keeping up with us? Because I know I'm sure not. Well, just barely. So here's a recap just so I can remember what's up. I'll post pics another night.
1. Peanut is now 4. The Diego birthday was a smash hit--especially the Baby Jaguar scavenger hunt and freeze dancing (thank you Amanda!).
2. The gates are up to contain Tank, and he can bulldoze through if he wants to. And he's cruising and standing up constantly. And he is cutting his top two front teeth. And he is cranky.
3. Princess Sparkle has her C-mas program Tuesday. Fancy (dress-up) Friday at school was a big hit. Anytime she has an excuse to wear a crown, heels, and a ring on every finger she loves it. Conferences went as expected. Sparkle was quite annoyed that her teacher let out the secret that she is reading and writing way more that she wanted us to know about.
4. We got a couple inches of snow so the girls built a two foot tall snow dude in the front yard. And they figured out how to boogie board down our yard on their sleds. They definitely have Daddy's Scandinavian heritage in their blood.
5. Our new cabinet came for the kitchen--so I finished painting and took the scaffolding down finally. Just short of a month later. Tank can no longer empty my macaroni.
6. Thanksgiving went well in both states.
7. The Christmas tree is up sans anything glass and with nothing on the bottom foot of it.
8. I remember nothing from the lithotrypsy on the stones--I was just tired the next day and not even sore at all. X-rays in January at my check-up will reveal more.
9. Jeff got moved to a new department, but that is going well so far. Glad he has a job.
10. Jeff and I went on a real date while Grandma watched the kiddies. Dinner and a movie. We ended up at Role Models (which was actually choice #3), but I would recommend it. Definitely R rated, but we laughed a lot. And we both really needed those laughs. Felt good to actually talk and laugh with my honey, and not about diaper or preschool humor.
So there you have it.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Welcome back! And you are welcome for the freeze dance idea. Easy, fun, energetic... how can you go wrong?

You might have to explain the Scandinavian heritage comment. Are they big boogie boarders over there? : )

Renee said...

Hi! Just thought I'd pass the news, if you haven't heard yet, Ross proposed to Johanna on Saturday night and she said yes! We'll soon be having another wedding in the fam...which will be the last for the Pickrell first cousins.

Sounds like things are well in your world! Give the kids hugs for me!

Nicole said...

Amanda...my kids just have an uncanny ability to not feel the cold. They will come in bright red and won't complain. Me...I hate the cold. So it was meant more toward that, and that they like anything snow and outdoor sport related. Maybe it has more to do with being born in Utah. I dunno. :) Peanut loves that she was "born on a mountain".

Renee...Yes! Saw part of it on facebook. Very cool!!!! What are we going to do to get everyone together now? Peanut is not happy though. She wants to know why he wants this other girl, is he old enough to get married, and why he wants to? Her crush is still quite strong. LOL

Renee said...

oh, that is too cute! I will have to let him know that!

M. Nelson said...

Hi Nicole,
Do you remember me? The other neighbor by the same last name. I found your comments on Amanda's blog, and I'm so happy I did. Your family has grown! They look great! You were truly missed in the neighborhood. Kellianne and I spoke often of the way it used to be visiting outside together because none of us had finished back yards. We've since moved away too and are now trying hard to stay in touch. I hope you don't mind if I check in with you and see how your family is doing.

M. Nelson said...

PS--Love your playlist

Nicole said...

Hi M! Yes I remember! I too have been trying to get back in touch with all of the people in various places we've lived. Main reason I blog, actually. Glad you found us, and hope you enjoy it. Do you have a blog? How is your family...last I knew you had one little boy and one on the way. Hope all is well.