Friday, December 19, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

We got a lot of ice and snow last night. Enough that they called school. Jeff just left for work and is afraid it will take a good hour to go ten miles.
It is treacherous outside. But at the same time it is so incredibly peaceful. The house is silent this morning. There are very few people outside. The kids all slept in (even Tank). We are in our robes--for most of the day I hope. Why is the saying "the calm before the storm?" I think it is the other way. Or maybe it is not the weather related storm, but right now is the calm and peace before my children go wild with being inside and Santa arriving tomorrow.


Hmmm. I better go enjoy my coffee and maybe a little scrapping quick.

3 comments:

Milana said...

Beautiful! I cherish those peaceful moments...probably because they don't happen very often! Have a wonderful day and say Hi to those cute kids!

CyMule said...

Yeah, we got a snow day as well. I brought my laptop home and am working from home (in my pjs, with a blanket, and a bottomless cup of coffee, with the radio on!). I will actually get more done today than if I had gone to work. Naomi's school is cancelled too. Which is good because she wasn't feeling well. Nice and quiet.

Amanda said...

I want your Santa! 5 days early. Awesome.

Merry Christmas!