Friday, December 26, 2008

Everywhere I looked this year...

we were surrounded by references to our favorite Christmas movies. Here's a sampling:
1. A Christmas Story: of course any reference to this reminds us of Cleveland. Jeff is still mad I would not let him have a leg lamp. We let the girls watch it this year for the first time. Peanut's favorite part was "the smiling duck" at the end. So guess where we ended up for dinner last night? The ONLY restaurant open on I 80 last night was the Grand Chinese Buffet--they closed at 8, we arrived at 8:30. We ate the leftovers and were happy.
2. Elf: One of my favorite lines, "Does it have sugar in it? Then YES!" was Peanut's motto this year.
3. Christmas Vacation: Another fave quote "Ackgh, he's just yakking on a bone." This describes our youngest, now known as Bottomfeeder. That kid can find the tiniest piece of tape on the floor to eat I have ever seen.
4. Nutcracker: Princess Sparkle fluttering about in a flurry of pink sweetness, looking for cookies and candy.
5. A Christmas Carol: I was Ebenezer as usual complete with no sleep (thanks to Bottomfeeder, not ghosts), but came around this year and actually was in a semi good mood. Although everyone might get cash from now on.
6. Christmas Vacation: Another fave part, "Merry Christmas Clark! *****'s full!" would be Jeff purchasing the largest trash can I have ever seen for his mom after the critters got a hold of hers again. (Another reason I was sleepless.)
7. And Charlie Brown Christmas: My brother chose a tree that rivaled the cartoon.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So do your kids say, "Son of a B***H" now?

This year we had to explain why in Elf it was mean to call that man an elf, and why he wanted to beat Buddy up. My favorite line... "Did you hear that?"