Monday, September 15, 2008

Curtains, water/messes, Ahnka witiicisms, the hottie of kindergarten

Long title, Huh? Mostly to keep me on track of what I want to write about. :)

1. Got curtains up (shout out to my mom and dad for their help hanging rods, sewing, and giving me their cast offs that match my house better than theirs:) ) Love having privacy, love that it is making the house seem more homey, love the curtains. looking awesome. some pics/artwork up. Just want to paint. I decided the house is going to look as good now as I want it to look if we had to sell, not just the last month.

2. Had water in the basement. Just enough to soak the carpet and all of the moving boxes. Didn't lose too much except the sump pump full of mice and a few things I should have gotten rid of a long time ago. Again shout out to my parents for watching the kids and the use of fans and such.

3. Ahnka. Oh sweet funny one. Just a sampling of what I can remember from the past couple days...
"Mom, I'm going to marry a girl. Somebody is gonna have to like the pretty stuff."
"What? It matches. Orange (horizontal) striped shirt, orange (vertical) striped pants. I like them. But somebody made my button (one on the pants) shrink."
As she is stuffing donut gems in her mouth and has one in each hand, on the stool, pulled up to the counter..."How many have you had?" "Just one or two, but I'm done now."

4. So Phebers has a boyfriend, or two, or more it seems. One sits at her table at K and is teaching her to snap, three in our neighborhood yell if they drive by and she is outside and want playdates. Oh to be the cutie with the pigtails.

5. Tan man is cutting two more teeth, attempting to clap, and his hair is growing. It is curly. The mini-me of Jeff is very, very strong. he is reaching for me and attempting to say mama. Love his leetle self. Wish he would sleep better. Leetle shee...

6. By the way I really like mojitos. They make me feel very nice. Sorry if there were any typos tonight. :) HA! I made kind of nice with my doctor, only because she was willing to give me the correct prescription and I feel better. thank you idiot dr.-- I know how I feel all of the other minutes of my life besides the five you give me. Anyway. STill ditching her. STill don't like her. she impressed me with her knowledge. After two appointments and an ultrasound she informed me in a haughty know it all way that I had kidney stones and needed to see an urologist, but would/not could/would not give me any recommendations. Didn't I know that before I saw her?????????????
I start work Wednesday at Archiver's. Will miss my children and early bedtime. Glad to see women and be in a scrapping atmosphere again. Soon, after I finish sewing and decorating, I WILL scrap!

7. Jeff is plugging away on classes and GMAC. The drama is high at work. We had a pep talk and he is going to start playing hard ball. Good thing I am not babysitting that woman's child (a pre-move idea/plan) because the poo is hitting the fan between those two.

8. So we don't really live in Chicago. We are on the very very very outskirts and are in a rural town pretending to be a suburb of Chi, maybe Joliet. I miss Target in a very real way. But I am liking the little town.

9. Okay, I added a followers button. Please sign in so that I know that I am not only writing this for myself to read. Although that is cool, because this is keeping me in touch with my inner fam workings for scrapping when I get there. But I still have that need to know You like me. You really like me. HA
Dude

Okay that is enough. My new issues of Country Living (I do like the decorating and recipes...I fit in out here maybe) and Creating Keepsakes (OOOOH eye candy and gets my juices wanting to create) are in. And maybe I could have one more mojito. Just one.

3 comments:

CyMule said...

good to hear the update, although slightly random. I am guessing that by the time you got to the doctor part, you probably finished 3 mojitos.

Amanda said...

I am laughing at cymule's comment! I didn't really understand the doctor part either. If I drank, it would definitely be mojitos too.

Great quotes! Keep 'em coming.

I don't know how to be a follower. When I figure it out, I will do it.

Nicole said...

Just click the follower button--it's on the side...I think below my playlist.
I'll explain the dr. part in a new post. Sorry I was tipsy posting!