Wednesday, September 3, 2008

levelin'

So my brother Cliff was wondering what the new digs look like. I took a couple pics of the main level of 4 and the front. We are still settling in and finding homes for everything. I haven't hung a single thing on the walls. YET. It is starting to drive me crazy. So I may go at our walls with a hammer this weekend. Jeff and I are at odds about purchasing window coverings, so still none of those. But many plans in the works. And for paint. Void of color and filled with clutter days are getting difficult.
The kitchen is nice. I am actually liking the layout better than I thought. Stainless steel is okay. Miss having a pantry...as you can tell by the horrid amount of clutter about. We are already talking about adding extra cabinets where the rolling cart is, but I want a swingset more. I can barely stand waiting for the rest of the move money. This is the really crappy part of moving all the freaking time. Starting over with all of this stuff each time, and part of the great thing about the house on Crom. It was done-ish, or at least super easy to move into: coverings on each window, had our swingset, partially fenced, lots of storage spaces. Maybe not pretty or up to date or exactly what I would have chose, but very workable. Unlike nanything as Ahnka would say. AAARRRGGHH. Okay, got it out, no more complaining. Thank you for listening.
It'll be a great house, I just have to practice patience. Not one of my personal traits as we all know.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great place. You must be hard to please. Just kidding. You still haven't told me what "Crom" is.

Nicole said...

Our street was named Cromwell. So anything/anyone was directly related to our street. They lived there or it was happening there. We got together weekly, sometimes more when we could be outside. Winter was slightly less, but we always tried for one mom night out, one dad, and one playdate at least per month.
Actually I am getting harder to please in some ways. But like I said, it is all the starting over and redecorating that bites. Especially making new friends.