Monday, January 21, 2013

Just a Few More

I had a wonderful birthday!  It was filled with so many stories of little things people did all over.  And each and every one warmed my heart like you have no idea.  It was like getting news notifications, but each one was GOOD!  It was amazing.  And I love that so many of you got your kids in on the act too.  I know Tanner keeps asking when he can do more RAOKs.  :)
So THANK YOU!  You helped make it one of my best ever days.

I:  started posting my artwork from journal with inspirational quotes on facebook and will do for awhile
We have planned:  bought a bag of non-perishable healthy food and a hat and gloves--we will give to the next homeless person we see at the bridge, are going to give out bottles of water at Challenge Fitness, are going to tape popcorn packages to the Redbox--might wait for Friday
And you:
Melissa:  fed a stranger's expired parking meter in Detroit
Julie and kids:  took a pot of flowers to the library in Fairview Park (I loved that place!)
Julie and Ayden:  took Nana coffee and donated some clothing
Jamie and kids:  donated coats, gloves and hats to a charity that distributes them to needy families in Ames
Kerri and kids:  bought Dunkin Donuts gift cards--some for the police officers who help at our school and one left on a random car at the hospital for someone to get a treat on either a hard or joyful day, and pumped someone's gas
Brenda:  sent out greeting cards (my art--pretty fun) to people just for fun
Cliff, Naomi,and boys:  picked up trash at a rest stop, paid for carts at Aldi, left a special tip for a hotel housekeeper, bought a balloon for a kid, bought custard for someone at Culvers, taped a dollar bill to a box of Teddy Grahams at Target, paid another person's overdue fine at the library
Craig:  picked up some samples a customer left behind at a store and returned a lost glove to the front desk and is traveling to Iowa to take care of a family issue that he could choose to ignore

And Jeff says his weren't random, but calculated, LOL:  he did ALL the laundry and dishes while I was at my parents so I came home to a CLEAN house!!!  This is HUGE people!  And rarely done because of his schedule, and there was a lot, so I was ecstatic with that surprise.  And he bought me a big bouquet of colorful daisies to brighten the kitchen.  He is such a good husband.  I couldn't have asked for better.

And you are all wonderful friends and family.  I could not ask for better.  Thank you for blessing me.  Thank you for helping me remember how GOOD service feels.  For helping me see the joy in other's faces and heart.
Love you all!  Hugs!

No comments: