Friday, January 18, 2013

A Few More

For my continuing project, which the kids and I continue to have fun doing.
On Wednesday:
1.  Let a man cut in front of us at McDonald's to refill his coffee.
2.  Opened a door for someone.
3.  Took my kids to play at McDonald's just for fun.
4.  The kids tried passing out candy again at Menards, but it was not very successful.

That was it for that day I got cranky, and then cranky continued into Thursday, so none that day either.

For Friday we decided to brighten the day of anyone who is usually nice to us on errands and told them how much we appreciate their smiles and good service, so we:
1.  Took two bottles of lotion to our post office for their super dried out hands from all the paper.  They are super cranky, but I am hoping this will butter them up.  And I realized the public they deal with and took pity on them.--It worked!  They both SMILED and one even said, "Sweet!"  Amazing.
2.  Took flowers to the receptionist at our dentist.
3.  Took them to the drive thru people at our bank--it was actually one woman's birthday.
4.  Some for the ladies at the library.
5.  One for the woman at the drycleaners.
6.  And one for the teachers at our old school (used to be errand/regular spot).  They are great teachers in a horrible system.  They deserve pats on the back.

The reactions surprised us every time.  Almost all of them had tears.  Huge smiles.  It was so worth it.

I have had two family responses:
1.  She is going to help make blankets for babies.
2.  They made a donation to World Vision for young Thai girls.

Sooo cool.  Thank you!  I understand all the tears--my eyes fill each time I receive from each of the RAOK above.  My heart is overflowing with joy.

No comments: