Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Madness I say

I have a new quote that I really like.  Last night I realized just how well it fits our family.  "There is not great genius without some touch of madness." Seneca--not sure who that is (should google that) but s/he is smart.    I realized this is why my home looks the ways it does.  This is why my kids excel at creativity.  Because I let them go mad.  Does it drive me crazy with the mess of it?  YES  The loudness give me headaches? YES.  Does this quote show that it is worth it in the end?  YES YES YES

Here are this month's examples:
Phoebe opened a hospital.  She treated dolls, stuffed animals, and her siblings.  Here you see Angel with a splint of q-tips and ribbon.

 Poor Kanani had to be on a heart monitor.  Phoebe did not get a picture of the "screen" with lines she made.
 Poor Molly was on an IV.  Notice the cup, ribbon, and it is all taped to her nose.  :)

 After an assortment of animals were bandaged and splinted she turned to her siblings.  I was impressed with her compassion and skill level with helping these unfortunate souls.  :)

 Tanner got a gold mine for Christmas.  He was mining his fool's gold and Annika used a the toothbrush to clean it.  Unfortunately I thought they had the old toothbrush, but no it was the new version.

 We put together this cool clock kit that Annika got for her birthday.  The acid of the lemon actually produces enough power in reaction to the copper and the other metal to run that little clock.
 And then we got crazy with the soap.  It has to be Ivory because it is air whipped.
 When you heat it for two minutes in the microwave the air expands and this is what happens.

Pretty cool.  We wet it down and reformed it into little snowball looking soap to reuse.
 Jeff even is a part of the madness.  He was gung ho that he could recreate the potstickers we ate at Coopershawk.  And by golly, he did it!  They were delicious!  And not nearly as hard as I thought.  We had them for the Superbowl and enjoyed them with friends.

No comments: