Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rolling Good Time

We had another family wedding on the Pickrell side this weekend in Omaha. I decided to hitchhike with my parents and leave the kids at home with Jeff. And then my sister Sarah made the same smart decision. I have to say the trip lived up to my expectations. I don't even remember the last time the four of us (parents and sisters) had been alone like that together, if ever. We had a BLAST! We didn't stop laughing until we fell into bed on Friday night at my Grandma Plymesser's house. All six hours to Iowa were spent giggling. And the rest of the weekend followed suit!
This side of the family is well known for having a good time and for talking up a storm, and this event did not disappoint. Even though our yummy excursion to Applebees made us some of the last to arrive to the wedding, we still got in some time quickly before it started to chat with relatives we hadn't seen in ages, and some we just saw this summer. Jessica and Josh's wedding was beautiful. Guess who I forgot to get pictures of? You'll just have to imagine/remember how fabulous they looked. And once the wedding was over? We started talking again and didn't stop all night. Well, I did. I fell asleep as soon as we started the car ride home. No surprise. And speaking of looking fabulous....Aunt Rochelle and Mom seem to have very similar taste. We all had a good chuckle when we realized they had the same outfit on (the jackets had different patterns but the same trim). I LOVE this photo more because it reminds me of photos of my grandma Picky and great aunt Doris laughing.

My amazing aunts and uncle: Fred, Brenda, Rochelle, Peggy, and Connie. This family unit has had a huge impact on me and how important family is to me. I wish I got to see them a lot more than I do.
My brother Cliff and my super cutie nephew Cole.
And then Naomi snuggling her sweet boy. He was such a trooper that night!
Me with my very special dad! A very rare photo opportunity. (This picture also makes me feel very very short and very Plymesser!)
Ha Sarah!!! Got you! This is for posting the picture of my big ole mouth on facebook. Heeeheee. I especially like her red tongue from the super delicious mints at the reception!
Me with my mom, one of my very best friends! Wait, maybe I do look more like her. Or maybe I am the mutt child of the fam. Hee hee
Ross and Johanna, half of the Hesseltines in purple.

John, who is more like an older brother than a cousin, and his sweet wife Sue--parents of the bride.
And the other half of the purple Hesseltines, Renee (Tanner's Godmother) and Rochelle (my very own Godmother).
Yes, a very good weekend indeed. Sunday was lovely spent at church in Fontanelle and then lunch with Grandma again. I actually enjoyed the old school traditional Lutheran liturgy. Felt good to realize I still had it memorized. Felt comfy.
Yes, a very good weekend indeed.








2 comments:

Connie said...

Nicole, a great blog and great pictures of a great weekend. The Hollenbeck side of the Pickrell family appreciated the effort the whole Pickrell family put out to join us for Josh and Jessica's wedding. We do like to celebrate together and sometimes get carried away.
It is special to travel with your parents and sister alone, I remember when we four sisters and Mom rented a caddy for a weekend to travel to Boulder and spent it with Fred and Mary, what a great time we had together filled with laughter and love. It was one of the few times the five of us spent a whole weekend together.
Thank you for posting the great pictures which shows the fun we can have.

Unknown said...

i love all of the pictures!
-Naomi