Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Muffins, a miff and a platypus

I made the absolute best muffins tonight. Got the basic recipe from www.cooks.com (same place we got the bean soup...really liking that site!). But I had seen another recipe that added apple chunks. The kids ate two each, Jeff stole two or three, and I was supposed to take them for my coffee mom group in the morning. Might have to run to Walmart in the morning quick so I can make more. So note: you might need to make a double batch. They are THAT good!
Ready, It's a hard one:
1 can of pumpkin, 1 box spice cake mix, about 1 cup of apples
Bake

There you go!!!! Amazingly yummy. I'd put a pic of them up, or us enjoying them. But heres the miff. I was taking a picture of Tanner being silly riding his trike in the living room wearing his footie jammies and hard hat. I went to move something, dropped the camera, it bounced off Jeff's ladder and landed on the floor; lens at a horrible cock-eyed position. UGH!

And a platypus. I HAVE to get pics of this. So I promise to find a camera before this weekend/Halloween. But I am so stinking proud of the Perry the Platypus costume I made for Annika. The character is from a kid show on Disney, Phineas and Ferb. I ended up finding a woman's size small turtleneck and an XL sweatshirt that I proceeded to cut up and sew back together to resemble what would fit Annika's skinny minny body. I am so glad Mom made me do 4H and that I learned so much! You were right, as usual, Mom!

Off to put giant foamcore presents together. Jeff is subcontracted to put these up in 20 different Sam's Clubs around the city this week. Pulling some late nights/early mornins to get them up without whacking any shoppers. :) So I get to help :) Actually not all bad, glad I can help him. Worth it to have him in this job and happy.

No comments: