Monday, February 9, 2009

da earth

Peanut asked me this morning, "Is da earf losing it's color?" Sure looks like it right now. This time of year is so hard. We had a nice warm weekend that melted off all the snow. It was lovely outside and we went for walks and tried to enjoy it. But today the cold is coming back. It is ALL gray outside. Everything. But I have hope for spring.

The girls are very interested in the whole concept of earth lately. That it is big, round, blue and green, floating in the sky, all kinds of things. Pretty interesting stuff when it is through the eyes and mind of a child.

Peanut had a good weekend--it was her turn to spend the night ALONE at Grandma and Papa's house and go out for lunch at a fancy restaurant. OOOOO. She had a blast. She woke up (dressed the night before) bright and early Saturday and sat with her coat on at the door waiting for me. She didn't miss us at all according to her. Although our house was incedibly quiet without her constant stream of chatter. The big discussion of the weekend seemed to be who would win a fight, a polar bear or a crocodile?

Before we left her we all (mom, kids, and grandparents) went swimming at the amazing Elgin zero depth pool. We had so much fun and needed that warm water and chlorine.

Sparkle also enjoyed her night with no Peanut, although she did miss her. We watched Wall-E and had her favorite--air popped popcorn with lots of butter. She went to a pirate birthday party yesterday and came home quite excited. Kids really do love just the simple home parties.

Tank. He knows how to screw the lid off detergent bottles. And then half of it spilled on the carpet. I guess the house smells really good. He is walking more and more and more. And starting to climb. He also discovered his belly and loves to rub it.

Jeff was busy building for me this weekend. He is such an awesome husband. He built this cool desk with a huge countertop and put in some shelves for me. I love shelves. I am going to paint and hang pictures this week and then I will post pictures of my super fabulous art office. I am beyond excited. Jeff is so funny. The man has to build everything as sturdy as he can. Not that that is bad. It's more how he delights in it. He doesn't want to admit it, but he had a lot of fun playing with his tools. And he got the new tool that is required for every project. I don't complain if it means I get stuff built. But it's fun to tease him about what new tool is he going to "need."

4 comments:

CyMule said...

Tools are good. I just got a 1/2" drive electric impact (a cheap one) but I didn't really "need" it but it helps working on the cars and sounds cool. Gave me an excuse to get impact sockets and spend more money :). I also have two saws in the closet that have yet to be used. Although I finally got to use the chainsaw we got for our wedding last weekend...and it was awesome! Also, Tools are like earrings and shoes...they are expensive accesories that are necessary. Women need to feel beautiful, men need to feel like we can fix or build anything at anytime that will support a tank. I once built a set of doggy stairs that probably had a 1000 lb capacity for a 15 lb dog. :)

Milana said...

Trey spilled an entire Sam's club bottle of Tide all over my laundry room...it was a bugger to clean up...but your right, my house did smell great!!! Always looking at the positives right!!!

M. Nelson said...

Yeah for handy husbands! I don't mind spending money on tool "necessities" either--I always come out the winner for it.

Nicole said...

Heck yeah...a new tool means I'm getting something a lot bigger, a lot better, and a lot cheaper.