Sunday, July 6, 2008

Long Weekend





I love to watch my children move. I find the workings of their little bodies quite amazing and fascinating. Their little legs riding bicycles, thier arms swimming, their sweet faces asleep. I love thier giggles and the funny things they say. I love their hugs and kisses.
So, the fun and guts of the weekend. We hit a local parade with Crom friends on Friday morning. The girls collected as much candy as they could. Very interesting to watch them do even this with their different styles. Sparkle Princess would skip to each piece and then bend gracefully to get it, but would miss out on a lot because she tended to move more slowly and cautiously. Peanut dove for anything she could get and several times tried to get directly out in the middle of the street. That night we grilled with the neighbors and the kids ran around outside. Sparkle picked flowers for her hair and mine.

The next day we headed as a group to the splash park in our neighborhood. The girls had a blast in the water. We are soooooo glad it is finally open again. Jeff worked that afternoon and the rest of us stayed home and napped.
I love that Mr. WB is learning so much right now. Kids are super cool. Here is Mr. WB before he rolled off the blanket and was facing the other way. Definitely mobile.
Sunday... I took the two little ones to a farmer's market. I bought a ton...cabbage for coleslaw, peas and new potatoes (will add a cream sauce to them), a zuchinni and squash for a saute, tomatoes for a sandwich or bruschetta, black raspberries just for the delight and memory of my grandma's patch, rhubarb jam, and some flowers. I realized later that all of my purchases were not just because of the beautiful visual colors, the fresh scents, and tantalizing tastes. But more because they were tied to memories of family and foods from my childhood and I want to share them with my kids.
Jeff played in the pool with the girls this afternoon, I cleaned the house, and then we had a showing. So we ended up having an evening of fun conversation, good food and drink, and play with three of the other Crom families. We are trying to squeeze in as much Crom as we can. We've decided that for the next showing we will just drag our cooler of goodies up and down the street until someone will take us in. But hopefully we won't have to have one (please please let us sell) so in that case we will just repeat tonight next weekend or any other random night we can.

3 comments:

CyMule said...

You are sooooo sentimental :)

Amanda said...

Ooooo! I love farmers' markets! Ours won't start for a few more weeks.

I love this post. Nice job. Good luck with your house. Won't your hub's work buy it? I thought that is what they did here.

Nicole said...

Yes they will buy it. But there are really good incentives if we do it. Not to mention the loss of headaches in the mean time.