Saturday, July 12, 2008

Croms in the City

Here is the "Crom Mom Prom" picture from our girls night out. We had a fantastic time! Don't we all look incredible? Not too shabby for five moms in the 'burbs. I must say the hottie mom percentage on our street is fairly high, lots of lucky dads! I know I don't get a chance to really dress up very often, and it felt good. Really good. And fun. Helped me remember why Sparkle likes dress up and being fancy so much. AND I smelled good... you know--none of the usual aromas. No spit up, no diapers, no hot dog or apple juice, just my fave designer. HA.

We tried a fabulous little Thai restaurant--my first time for Thai and I really enjoyed it. We shared a great bottle of Riesling--which got me significantly relaxed :). Then we walked the art district for the open gallery night. We saw some really great jewelry, sculpture and paintings. We stopped and enjoyed a few more beverages, and of course some ice cream. And lots and lots of conversation uninterrupted by males or people with single digit ages. Ooooo.

I enjoyed being in an "art scene" again. I don't do nearly enough of this. It is a side of me that I need to feed more. That probably has something to do with the reason I have been so cranky lately. Maybe even more than the lack of sleep. Not nearly enough time to even truly create , not just slap stuff together to get it done, let alone enjoy other artist's work and ideas. I also realized how significant texture and colors are in my preferences in art. I was very drawn to collage as usual and carvings and impasto paintings. Ah, heck, really I liked it all. Except for the one with the naughty language. The mom in me prevailed.

Good times. I'd better be able to find some artsy friends in Lockport if I want to stay sane. That's all I have to say about that.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

How fun! Thai food is one of my favorites.

What is "Croms"?