Thursday, July 3, 2008

bits n' pieces

I'll add photos soon, hopefully tomorrow. But I wanted to get a few things posted quick before I head to bed tonight.
1. Househunting in chi-land was exhausting and overwhelming. But, we have an offer on a split-level home in Lockport, IL. Shouldn't have to downsize too much, nice house, nice area, happy with it. Not the price. Who jacked up the prices out there anyway? Anyone know someone wanting a lovely home??? Our realtor is already talking about dropping the price again. Market not so hot here.
2. The prayer request update, just if you were wondering. I got an email that the surgery could not be completed. Emily is okay, but they are going to have to seek other alternatives. But they seemed positive.
3. My rocking playlist which I totally had fun doing and is super easy.
...Love Sugarland (this is the first song stuck in my head of the day) and Lady A is another sing-a-long for me. The chipmunks are our latest song choice in the van, and they have grown on me in a very scary way...plus the girls have already figured out how to change the playlist to that song so they can rock out in the basement. Elvis and Dolly Parton are Peanut's and Sparkle Princess' favorite artists respectively. Norah is my soothing notes. Paralyzer is my choice to rock out in Stan the tan van, as is Superchick (love them, sick that I lost the cd...I think I accidentally donated it to the library...need a new one). Mr. W loves ACDC, (his fave tap number at the recital). Dierks is a hottie and love his voice. Others Jeff has been adding. He likes Dierks too. More his voice, less his hottie status.
4. Nine years ago today I married the love of my life. Good times. Fourteen years ago we went to a fateful Doobie Brothers concert and knew we would be here someday. Maybe not in Ohio. After how many moves. With three awesome kids. But we knew. One of these nights we'll go out and celebrate sans kids.
5. Mr. Wigglebuns is mobile. He has figured out that he can roll over. A lot. He gets to his tummy and then he screams until I flip him like a little whale. He giggles and squeals and smiles at me and then he promptly flips back over again. He can also wiggle himself in a circle. I will put him in his crib facing one way, and go back to find him past 180 degrees around. Now you know why that is his nickname. He is four months, 18 pounds (even at the doc last Friday), and I can't put him on a blanket and expect him to still be there when I look next. He was supposed to be my last baby and make that last forever. Not happening. Little twerp. I love him so much.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I know what you mean about your baby growing up too fast. Mine pulls himself up and walks around furnature! Way too soon.