Saturday, June 21, 2008



I told Jeff last night that I could totally get addicted to this. And here I am again tonight posting. We had a fun-filled day at our house today. Started with me doing some serious gardening, mostly weeding and pruning. I got out my chainsaw today. First time in a couple years actually. There had better be big stuff to saw at the next house we go to. I had forgotten how much fun that thing is. I know I am weird. I have a very destructive side. I filled 7 of those lawn bags. Thank you Jeff for letting me work and watching the munchkins. Felt good to work up a sweat. I realized that was the first time in over 8 months I have worked that hard. I really really need to start exercising again. I miss it.

Peanut had at least three pieces of gum today. I don't allow gum. But she got it in a goodie bag at the recital. It is all she can think about. It is all she can talk about. She is going to drive me crazy. So far she has been responsible with it. We'll see if that lasts. I am hoping to go back to the no gum policy for the most part and just chalk this up to a lucky fluke for Peanut.

Then we all got cleaned up, went and got a birthday present, and hustled to the kiddie amusement park for a birthday party...that is tomorrow. OOOPS. We let the girls ride a couple, but made them wait for tomorrow. So we went to a park and let the girls hang upside down for awhile. I will post more on them being upside down later.

Then Jeff headed out for yet another GMAC goodbye party. I've had enough kiddie food this week. Enough so that I braved taking my kids (all three of them) to Olive Garden BY MYSELF. Can you tell I was desperate? It went amazingly well. I picked OG partially because I know they would eat stuff there and I could get grown up food. I had gnocchi for the first time. (Always wanted to try it after they make it all the time on Top Chef--yay for Stephanie's win this season.) They were all extremely good. I could tell the other diners were waiting on pins and needles for a disaster. Thank goodness there were other obnoxious children leaving as we came in that I could use as an example. (I told the girls they had to leave because they were being bad and that could happen to us if they freaked out.) Hope that wasn't too terrible parenting.

Raining a lot here tonight---hard stuff with thunder. Makes me think of everyone back home in Iowa. Hope you are all dry and safe!

No comments: