Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Own Hero

Where was my little boy pretending to be a fireman? Where was my husband? Oh, but it did not matter my friends for I was able to solve my own issue! And actually it was probably safer without the first one especially.

I set the grill on fire. Really, nice big flames.

Or, after careful post fire up close inspection, it may not have been my fault.

I put the steaks on the grill which was preheated on high yes, but I turned it down. The meat took up the whole grill. I did marinate it in olive oil and spice rub. Did that do it? Luckily I decided to set the good table, because my mother-in-law Connie is HERE, so I could here the snap crackle and see the lovely orange flames come busting out. And Luckily, I was smart enough NOT to open the grill cover but cleverly turned off the gas, saved the meat from the grill (yes I did) and THEN used the fire extinguisher. They were expensive steaks.

Oh well. yet another good story to add to the blog I decided after a couple glasses of wine. :)

No comments: