Saturday, February 4, 2012

He Does This for FUN



Jeff's job is slowing down for the winter. Very normal. I forgot to consider that football is almost over, he is not taking any classes, we don't have any babies, he is not in constant worry mode about crating this year. So with all this time on his hands I have to remember that it is very normal for my husband to decide on a whim, "It would be a great idea to just redrywall this don't you think?" But he only asks himself that question. I only learn of the decision after he as answered himself with a resounding, "YES! OF COURSE!" His eyes twinkling and his brain whirring.
This time when he started in, I just laughed. I should have seen it coming. Every February in every other house we have lived in meant "project." But I was out of practice--he went two whole years without drywalling a thing. Imagine.

So really I should have known that when I said, "Let's paint that ugly pine waiscoting and the wall above, " that he heard, "Yes, Jeff, you have my permission to start a large scale project--rip down that pine and redrywall that part." Which he did. And I am going to be thrilled with the results. The room even in drywall mode already feels bigger, taller, brighter. He is fixing all the little imperfections that drove him crazy and I am finally going to like that room.

But I still think it is funny. I mean really, how many men do you know that drywall for a hobby?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uh...your brother! Although it is quite frustrating, it is also one of the more satisfying diy projects...
Cliff.