Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sew Many Costumes

We had the cutest costumes on the block if I do say so myself. But I can, because I made all of them this year, plus two. It was actually fun to make them, and this is the kind of project that I don't worry about making them 4-H perfect. And best, and most of important of all, the kids loved them. They got to be the special things they wanted to be. Tanner was a pig-a-let (that is how he says it--the cutest thing).





Annika was Kick Buttowski, suburban daredevil (she kept with her obscure Disney cartoon character theme--he is sort of a 10 year old skateboard Evil Knievel). I am trying to talk her into bedazzling the suit and wearing it as Elvis next year. :) This was the hardest costume, it did help when I threw away the white pleather and started over.


Miss Phoebe was a beautiful peacock and she made the main part of her tail herself. The body is sequins--she loved that glitz.


Phoebe got her idea from a catalog (although the birds looked more Vegas showgirl) and then her friends wanted costumes from there too. I made a flamingo and a Statue of Liberty dress.




We forgot to make our jack-o-lanterns until the night of Halloween. But our city trick or treats from 3-6 (and we made it most of that time--that was a lot of candy) so it worked out perfectly to sit and eat candy as dessert, Daddy carved, and Mommy cleaned up from the foray and dinner.

We went simple with the time crunch, but I loved the scary, happy, and surprised looks they came up with.















No comments: