Wednesday, August 3, 2011

That One

That one. The middle one. The one who melts my heart and then pushes me to the brink. Annika challenges me in so many ways. She is so cool, so smart, so adorable that she challenges me to keep up with her. But for those same reasons, she knows my buttons, and she has the personality that doesn't stop pushing, sometimes to our disadvantage. She makes you love her more and more every day. Those gorgeous brown eyes, impish face and grin, and her giggle help her get her way. She is growing too. I can't keep up feeding her. She loves fruit and yogurt, this one will be my health nut and my cook. She is constantly MOVING. Breakdancing in the tv room, riding her bike at breakneck speed, running, wrestling, throwing and catching, working (this one is an awesome helper), climbing, just rolling around on the floor or wandering the house with restless energy. She loves a good riddle, puzzle, and game. She does like her tv, and I have to watch her because she'll sneak stuff she isn't supposed to watch. Legos, always building. Drawing, goofy cartoons. Annika has a great sense of humor. Science. She can't get enough of how everything works, reacts, the hows and whys. Constantly questioning. Reading story books. Learning multiplication--and she'll be in first grade.



She demands our attention. She is always on the move, at least until she drops from complete exhaustion. She has no patience. But her capacity to love and be maternal with younger children has no bounds. Her exuberance for learning and life is catching, and she has me completely infected with love I am showing all signs of never recuperating.



No comments: