Thursday, June 23, 2011

In Memoriam

I meant to post this Memorial Day. These iris remind me of my Grandma Picky and her gardens. I believe that some of these made their way from her garden to my other grandmother's garden to my mom to me. They are beautiful and make me so happy.







This also to remember Jeff's dad Jim, my grandpa Max, Jeff's grandma Deloris, Sammy, and all of the other dear members of our family who have passed.


And they honor all those who gave their lives to protect this country that we may enjoy the freedoms we have.






1 comment:

Connie said...

Nicole,

I enjoyed all three posts. How much fun you are having and so happy for Jeff and you that his business is doing so good.

Oh, so much that runs in the family: Tanner's liking of trucks.
Girls and dancing.
Annika and school.

From what I have heard and your description of the American Girl Doll store and restaurant it is a place all girls, moms, grandmas and aunts would love to spend a day.

Now to the memoriam, your iris are so beautiful. Through the years we have lost some of our plants, but we still have many of them and always think of Grandma. All I have to do is look around the gardens and in our home to remember her and all the fun we used to have with her.

I hope you have a great summer.

Love you, Aunt Connie