Monday, June 29, 2009

the funnies

All three have been up to high jinx lately. They are definitely keeping me on my toes this summer!
Tan the Man now regularly climbs onto tables. Unfortunately our kitchen light hangs quite low and is in an odd position. So literally I came back from the bathroom this morning to find him swinging happily from the chandelier.
He also says hot, brrr (for cold), and sounds for dog and cat. Anything he wants is yelled MOM/MON.
Peanut is taking advantage of her grandmother. My mom started paying her a penny for every maple tree sapling she pulled from their yard last fall. In the past few weeks Annika has pulled almost 300.
Papa was also quite impressed with Peanut's joke telling abilities. Daddy told her a joke a week ago and she practices on us a lot. Thank goodness she remembers all the parts and even gets the punch line correct.
Princess Sparkle was so pleased to be in the pool yesterday that she declared, "I am just going to float in here like a dead bug forever." Nice. She was way excited to discover that the fireflies are starting to appear. Very into the insect world obviously.
But she also has informed us, "I do not like the hot and I do not like to sweat." Could make finding bugs harder.
I was in on the biggest garage sale I have ever seen this weekend. We cleared $1000 between the four of us; the main seller collected 60% of that, myself 25%, and the other two split the remaining 15%. I was pleased with my haul. But more importantly between stuff that I gave away in the last month, sold, or ended up donating I emptied my house of a ton of stuff. I thought about listing my accomplishment, but I got tired of typing. Suffice it to say Roseanne the truck now fits in the garage and the entire laundry/storage room floors are clear! Phebes had a hard time watching stuff go. That girl does not handle any change well anymore poor thing. But she seems to have forgotten it all today.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a great post! Tanner absolutely amazes me with his strength and curiosity. Please tell Annika that I'll pay her TWO pennies per tree. And tell Phoebe that I love to float like a dead bug too — awesome analogy!